Saturday 29 September 2012

Seeing things through new eyes

On the bus going down to the city centre I noticed the two girls in front of me who were obviously foreign students new to the city.  They were looking at what I considered to be rather ordinary houses with interest, appreciation and delight.  A church that I have passed hundreds of times and have never really given a second glance was pointed at excitedly and necessitated a smart phone photo.  I thought about my visits to cities overseas and how much I enjoy just looking around.   So I decided to treat my usual trip to town as a visit.  It's amazing to see new things and notice details which I have previously overlooked in the rush to do my business.  I was seeing things as if through new eyes and it was quite uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment